Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Walk The Line


What do you get when you combine a Joaquin Phoenix fan, a Johnny Cash fan and a person who doesn’t give a crap about either celebs but is just in the mood for a good flick? You get the perfect audience for the movie, WALK THE LINE. The movie was released back in November but I was holding off on seeing it until I saw it with my mom, the Cash fan. I was familiar with Cash’s music but not the story behind him. Whenever I go to see a movie I like to go in blind avoiding all reviews and the publicity that accompanies the movie. All I knew about this movie was that it was about the singer Johnny Cash.

I was surprised to learn that WALK THE LINE starring Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon was actually a love story. It's of the love that grew between country stars Johnny Cash and June Carter during the early years of Cash's career. The movie doesn’t attempt to show a full picture of Cash's long career, but instead focuses on the passions that drove his music and on the woman who gave him strength. I’m the Joaquin Phoenix fan so I expected a solid performance from him and was not disappointed. I was totally blown away. My dad the non-fan came out of the movie with an admiration for the actors and the musicians, his words were, “you know when the movie started I didn’t give a shit about the characters but after the first 10 minutes I was hooked. That guy was amazing he should win an Oscar.”

I was totally amazed with the fact that Phoenix and Witherspoon did all of their own singing. It was something that Johnny Cash insisted on and it paid off. It added to their performances. I cried within the first minutes of the movie and there were times during the flick that I got misty eyed. By the time the credits rolled I had a lump in my throat and had gotten teary eyed again. For the rest of the day I had the soundtrack to the movie stuck in my head.

Enjoy….


Walk The Line: Johnny Cash
Powered by Castpost


Jackson: Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon
Powered by Castpost


Folsom Prison Blues: Joaquin Phoenix

Powered by Castpost




Posted by @ 3:24 PM
2 comment from: Blogger Aisha, Blogger Just Jane,