Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Monday, January 09, 2006

A new year a new meme from Aisha...


NYC: South Street Seaport



Aisha has another MeMe and once again ‘tis a good one! Once again I’ve done the meme!


25 years ago: I wasn’t born, my parents despite growing up in the same neighborhood had not met yet. My dad was dating Annette his high school sweetheart, and my mom ‘s boyfriend was the very blonde, blue eyed, tall and handsome Peter… rumor has it he wasn’t as handsome as my blonde, green eyed pops taller yes, cuter no. Obviously they both had very good taste in women well at least one…lol I am sure glad that my mom and dad bumped into each other (literally) a year later.


20 years ago:
I was 3 yrs old and and had learned my first rock n roll song it was “Traveling Man” by Ricky Nelson and is still my all time favorite song today.

15 Years ago: I was 8 yrs old and in the 3rd grade. My favorite places in the whole word were The Museum of Natural History, The Cathedral of St. John The Divine and Central Park. I started writing a book about a vampire that lived in Central Park’s Belvedere Castle. My mom introduced me to Shakespeare and Opera , I was hooked.

10 Years ago: 13, a freshman in high school with plans of being a veternarian. I got my first job as a baby sitter after school for my infant cousin. I had the job until I became a college freshman. I was also a tomboy with a deep love for tennis, The NY Yankees, NY Rangers, and The Green Bay Packers. I joined the school tennis team and met my friend Reina.



5 years ago: I was 18 and a freshman in college. I started college a semester later than my friends because I had planned to leave for the army during the summer becauase I wanted to see the world. My plans were abruptly changed after my recruiting officer misplaced my test scores twice. My mom who’d been opposed to me enlisting said it was a sign, that I was not meant to go into the army. In less than a week I was enrolled in college and my tuition was paid for. Thanks mom! I had lost touch with my friend Reina that summer , she was supposed to go to school upstate. Imagine our surprise when we found ourselves to be sitting in the same class. We became best friends from there on. I was undecided as to what I wanted to be so I studied for an associates in liberal arts. It was there that I was praised by my professors for my writing and photography and was advised by them to become a writer or a photo journalist. I still didn’t know what I wanted to do only that I wanted to make a difference in this world and work with troubled kids.

3 years ago: I was 20 working 2 jobs one in retail and the other as a photographer. I was about to graduate and I finally decided that my heart lay in psychology. I wanted to work with kids in the correctional system and enrolled in John Jay College of Criminal Justice as a Forensic Pyschology Major minoring in Law. My best friend unsure of what she wanted to do followed me there.

1 year ago: I was heart broken and depressed after having ended a 5 yr relationship for my own good. It affected everything I did my school work, my personal life. I rarely laughed back then, I was 22. With parental support I quit both jobs and took advantage of the free time to visit Egypt something I had been wanting to do ever since I was a child. I came back rejuvinated as if a building had been lifted off my shoulders. I came back stronger, when my ex came hat in hand proposing marriage I said “no” and I was re-born. I assured him that I wasn’t turning him down out of anger I forgave him for every hurt. He couldn’t understand how I was able to do this when he wasn’t able to forgive himself. I told him I’d always care for him as a friend but that I was just not interested in revisiting the scene of the crime. I had grown up and more importantly had outgrown him.

This year: I hit 23 a couple of weeks ago and am about to receive my Bachelors and will immeadiately start working towards my Masters. I know what I want in life , I know some of what God’s plan is for me, what my purpose in this world is and am ready to meet the challenge. I am looking forward to it as a matter of fact.

Yesterday: I chilled with some very cool people ( my folks) caught a movie with them. Then spent the evening listening to music and talking with friends about the classes we plan on taking next semester. Angela and I talked about us having to take a year of law school before I get our Phd, Reina is not sure if she is going to go for her Masters. She’s stayed this long because of my nagging. I think I will leave it up to her I won’t pressure her into going for her Masters it has to come from her, she has to want it.

Today: Slept in...and plan on hooking up with my friend Said for dinner and a movie Reina is coming along with us. She’s like my purse I take her every where with me.


Tomorrow: I have no idea! I’m enjoying my vacation and the feeling of having passed all my classes and gotten off of probation . Life is beautiful.

Labels:





Posted by @ 9:20 PM
1 comment from: Blogger Aisha,