Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Beware of Egyptians bearing food....

My uncle Hassan gets hungry....we go right past some fast food places and a couple of nice restaurants and into his favorite sandwhich shop.. sorta like the Blimpies of North East Africa...he serves me a beef sandwhich...no ham and cheese here buddy.. we're in Muslim country now... buying pork in this country is like buying drugs in the states gotta be done all on the down low.
Ok back to the sandwhich.. it was beef, it was slimy, had no flavor, so of course I add my favorite flavor enhancer of all time KETCHUP!!! Here's the thing ketchup in Egypt and in the US are 2 different animals.. out here it's like a thick tomatoe paste with some sugar..so it didn't make the sandwhich taste any better... my uncle then hands me a cheese sandwhich... it looked more like a cottage cheese spread with some pepper in it... I try it .. after a few bites I noticed it smelled and tasted like vomit... ooooooooooh ho ho i think to myself i'm gonna spew if I take another bite of this... but because my uncle got it for me I suck it in and eat it...
On the way to the car my uncle tells informs me of what I had just eaten... the beef sandwhich was cow liver.. okay not too disgusting my mom eats liver.... BUT he tells me with great delight the cheese sandwhich was actually cow brains... Let me tell you something he can thank God almighty I was able to hold it down because hewasthisclose to having to scrape up regurgitated cow brains from his car...so far since i've been here i've eaten stuffed pigeon, rabbit and now cow brains.. lol

Lesson learned here beware of Egyptian uncle bearing food! lol

Labels: ,





Posted by @ 2:49 AM
0 comment from: