Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Muppets Get Postal...



Anyone who knows me knows what a Jim Henson and Muppet fanatic I am. I've grown up watching them. As a toddler I watched them on Sesame Street. As a grade school kid I enjoyed the Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Jim Henson's Story Tellers series, and I never everrrr missed a Muppet movie when they came out. I even had muppet books..lol

When I was in grade school Jim Henson passed away unexpectly and I remember crying when I heard the news. I even watched his memorial service which was a few blocks away from my house at The Cathedral of St. John the Divine. The site of Big Bird entering the cathedral has been one I've never forgotten.

Okay so now you know that about me ... so you can imagine my glee when I heard that The U.S. Postal service released a set of commerative Jim Henson and The Muppets postage stamps. whooooo hooooo. I am so buying a set and adding them to my stamp collection. Yes, I collect stamps..Now you know something else about me....lol




Posted by @ 2:56 PM
1 comment from: Blogger ritzy,