Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Worst recruiting slump since '79




In an astounding development (I’m being sarcastic here) the army has announced it’s in Worst Recruiting Slump in Decades

I’m sure that the daily news reports of American deaths in Iraq, 1,904 so far and the “our asses are not coming home anytime soon” factor due to the insurgency has nothing to do with these numbers. I can’t blame anyone for not wanting to join up, I can’t condemn them. However I feel that those who were all gung ho for this war in the first place should be signing up to replace the one’s we’ve lost. These numbers lead me to wonder was Gen. Clark right when he said at that beginning of this war that at one point the president would have to reinstate the draft? So far he seems right about everything else.




Posted by @ 11:21 AM
2 comment from: Blogger Just Jane, Blogger programmer craig,