Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hind Sight is 20/20



It seems everyone is blogging about Katrina. Blaming Bush, taking credit for it, saying it was God’s wrath etc. see Miss Mabrouk's blog she has some excellent stuff on the subject there. Rappers like Kanye West are blaming racism for the lack of speed in getting the victims help. Yeah I’m sure that’s the reason Kanye b/c surely there aren’t any white people suffering as well. Governor Pataki here in NY is calling for a committee to investigate. Hey Pataki how about a committee to investigate why you turned your back on us CUNY students and allowed tuition to be increased last minute? Leaving us to scramble in order to make up the difference.

I can’t lay blame anywhere. I’m not in the mood for that right now. Shit happens. Could it have been handled better? Should the levies had been strengthened. Yes it could have, but you know what hind sight is 20/20. If it wasn’t I wouldn’t have eaten that burrito for lunch and have the heartburn I have now.

The devastation and suffering brought to me via tv is starting to get to me. For the life of me I’m not even inspired to write. I wish that other than donating money there was something I could do. I’ve been reading Eye Of The Storm a blog written by Josh Norman a reporter for The Sun Herald It’s an an excellent blog from someone who is living the storm. Check it out.




Posted by @ 7:40 PM
2 comment from: Blogger 2 Second Club ®, Blogger Mia,