Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Friday, March 18, 2005

New job and too much studying....

Started a new job today. It’s a departure for me from photography. I am now a hostess at Jimmy’s Restaurant . (Weekend shift) the money is good for a student living at home with no real expenses ( 8 per hr) …and the hours don’t interfere with school.. It’s within walking distance from my house and I get to meet all types of people. Wooo hooo it’s a win- win. The owner however does not approve of my eyebrow ring which I’ve had since I was 16 and I have to remove it during work … thank god he hasn’t seen my tattoos.. lol


Dendrite: A branched protoplasmic extension of a nerve cell that conducts impulses from adjacent cells inward toward the cell body. A single nerve may possess many dendrites. Also called dendron.

Axon: The usually long process of a nerve fiber that generally conducts impulses away from the body of the nerve cell.


It’s been a hectic week studying for mid-terms and battling the NYC subway system.
I didn’t realize how hard I was hitting the books until the other day I awoke in the morning from the weirdest dream….. I dreamt someone called my little sister a dendrite and that she replied, “I thought I was an axon. “ wtf??!! lol
I don't know about you but i'm thinking I need to lay off the books just a bit.




Posted by @ 11:41 PM
0 comment from: