Mia: Shaken Not Stirred


The true life stories of a NYC female.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005




My colorful pajama pants and colorful socks were a source of irritation for my uncle Hassan... he couldn't believe it when I went to city hall with my cousin Said in my pj pants.. or when I showed up at my aunt Malak's house in my Sponge Bob Squarepants Pj pants.. It drove him nuts to see me walking the streets of Alexandria in my Nightmare Before Christmas jammies...lol Mahmoud liked them and encouraged me...Mind you Said was assigned to take care of me while I was in Egypt..Instead we teamed up to drive my uncle Hassan nuts... I couldn't do no wrong in my aunt Malak's eyes...and as for Said he would step back and laugh and say "you're crazy"...My uncle Hassan has a very odd collection of endearing terms.. to the ordianAry person they may seem like insults but they are not.. one day as I was about to leave in my pj's he tells me "Maria, you little piece of shit I am going to beat you!".. which of course with his accent cracked me up and of course he didn't all he did was pull me to him and kiss me on my forehead... Posted by Hello




Posted by @ 1:33 PM
0 comment from: